Stained glass windows are the pictorial expression of Credo.
We believe in:
- One God, the Father, the Almighty. "God said to Moses “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” (Exodus 3,14),“I am the Lord. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty" (Exodus, 6,2)
- God of All Generations: "Then he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." (Exodus 3,6)
- God of all the Ages: "I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation 1, 8);
- Triune God: "Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby" (Genesis 18,2).
The stones depicted in the windows also have its symbolic meaning:
- It's a symbol of a desert, therefore the purgation and transformation of the heart: "I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." (Ezekiel 36, 26)
- Cornerstone is a symbol ot Christ: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic. (Isaiah 28,16).
or go directly to the rest of the stained glass windows:
Window 2 - We believe God, maker of heaven and earth, and of all that is, seen and unseen.
Window 3 - We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
Window 4 - Second person of the Trinity,
Window 5 - We believe in Jesus Christ,
Window 6 - We believe in Jesus Christ, born of the Virgin Mary,
Window 7 - He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Window 8 - He descended into hell, on the third day he rose again,
Window 9 - He ascended into heaven,
Window 10 - We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
Window 11 - I believe in the holy catholic Church,
Window 12 - I believe in the forgiveness of sins,
Window 13 - I believe in the resurrection of the body,
Window 14 - I believe in the life everlasting. Amen.,
Gallery / Left Window - Martyrs of Japan,
Gallery / Middle Window - Immaculate Mother and the martyrdom of Christians,
Gallery / Right Window - The Martyrdom of Christians in Japan,